chapters


As I have written in past posts I love to read! It is a long running pastime of mine and a passion that has recently resurfaced in my life since going to SBS (School of Biblical Studies) and working with YWAM Publishing.
As I sit here writing this blog I have been thinking about just how like in books we have chapters, our lives consist of them as well.
This past week was definitely a page turner in the book of my own life, on Thursday I closed the chapter of being the imported Canadian gal living in Seattle, to getting sworn in, promising to defend this land and becoming a US Citizen, resulting in me having dual Citizenship. This was quite the freeing, unnerving yet liberating feeling all at the same time. It was a moment that gave me peace of mind and anticipation for all that the future has in store.
This closing of this chapter also came with a move. I have been living and working in Seattle for the past year and a half. Loving my time there, reconnecting with family and friends, making new friends, learning a new skill set, traveling, teaching and taking in all that Seattle has to offer! It has been one of the most joyous, healing, restorative, difficult, trying and challenging years of my life but one that I wouldn't trade for anything. As I sit on the floor at a new friends home in Honolulu, HI I can't not get teary-eyed knowing that a new chapter is about to commence when I land in Kona tomorrow evening.


As I have transitioned in to this new chapter I have been grateful to be able to live each day and moment to the fullest, not looking to tomorrow to come (almost to a fault) so as not to miss out on anything the current day has to offer. I am on a journey, we are on a journey. Each day, moment and life we come in to contact with has a part to play in each chapter, helping to shape and write each page of our story (and us) in to the people we will become. Let us be a people who bring life, hope and joy to each new life, story and chapter we encounter!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2.3.13

    Lori, you are an inspiration to all those around you. May God continue to bless you abundantly as you love and serve Him.
    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete