// Jesus IS real //

i had an amazing realisation tonight, a group of friends and I went to see “Son of God” C’est tres encroyable BTW! Part way through the movie I was on the verge of melting in to a fit of tears seeing all that Jesus went through on my behalf but felt the Lord say...”wait, its not over yet...”
This moment reminded me how the God story is really one of joy, redemption, hope & a promise fulfilled! Suddenly I couldn’t wait for the ending...I couldn’t wait to see the resurrected Jesus come back to his disciples! It was right then that a realisation hit:: it is necessary to reach out to these people in the theatre, they need to know Jesus is more than just a story...He's the REAL deal!!!

shortly after this realisation, I came to find out that great minds actually do think alike - I shared my idea of praying for people in the theatre with a few friends when we realised we were on the same page!
it was unanimous, we decided, these people needed to know Jesus is real, this is a true story and their lives can be changed forever just by believing the truth of what they were seeing on the screen in front of them!
after making this decision I settled in to finish the rest movie, now one might think that after 9 years of being in full-time ministry I wouldn’t have fears about sharing my faith anymore but oh no...it was that exact moment, that out of no where the swirl started: excitement, fear, anticipation, anxiousness...
then if that wasn’t bad enough the “what if” questions snuck in to that swirl...those what if's...what if we were rejected? what if..no one even wanted prayer? What if...we looked like fools...etc
then I realised all this was foolishness! I would NOT get sucked in to the vortex that was the swirl...the swirl that would suck me in to the fear of man! I am past this! or at least trying to walk in freedom of it!
we had a great gift to offer to these people, why would we not share it? and in reality we didn’t even need to do anything but sit back and allow the movie to prosletyse itself and then do what we do best...pray :)) I knew I had to do it not only for sake of the soul of every person in the theatre but for the sake of me walking in to my destiny!
i knew this was preparation for what Jesus created me to do -speak and preach to the multitudes, usher people in to the Kingdom and see many physically healed!
“Son of God” ended and my convivial and stunning friend Kat jumped up to share with the theatre that this story was in fact true, that Jesus is real, that He loves them and that there were people there that wanted to pray for them! We then stand and wait!
The first person I approached was not at all interested. on to the second, a gal who also was not interested, I looked to Kat and she seemed to have more success than I. So I stood there praying knowing this was what the Lord had spoken to do and then on top of that confirmed it, 3x. So I did all I could do, stand and wait.
i watched the theatre quickly empty out leaving mainly only our friends. I still stood. waiting. knowing that the Lord had something for us in this. Then the gal who did not want prayer came over to me. she did want prayer after all and asked if I would pray for her?! YES!! YES!! OF COURSE!!
she (Marie) then told me she believed this movie to be true and wanted to declare Jesus as her Saviour!! I was blown away!! How was this even happening?? So there we stood, Marie and me, agreeing together as she confessed her sin and made a declaration that she wanted Jesus to be her Lord! 

what a sweet and unexpected moment we had, right there, in the middle of the popcorn littered theatre. it was soon after we finishing praying that my wild and engaging friend Cara approached us. Marie then shared that she had always wanted a family of her own but was unable to have them. Leading in to a perfect segue for Cara to share the work she does as a midwife and release the authority she has in this area to see dead come to life! Cara then blasted her with a healing prayer that Jesus would open her womb so she could have babies! Marie was a changed woman, never to be the same again!

what a way for us to end an ordinary day, seeing Jesus magnified through this film, walking this daughter into her destiny as a child of God, changing her life for eternity, what a delight!
please would you take one moment right now to pray for Marie and her unborn children as she begins this new journey with the Lord, THEEEEEEN...grab a friend, go see “Sonof God” and overcome your fear of man by letting the Lord surprise you with how He wants to include you in ushering in the multitudes to His Kingdom!!




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous25.6.14

    Hi Lori, this is so random. My name is Leah, I did a DTS in Orlando. I was wondering if I could email you, I have a prayer request and just needed someone to talk to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Leah! would love to talk w/you! my email is loriroddam@gmail.com
      look forward to hearing from you!

      Delete